Eph 4:11-13 And He Himself gave some [to be] apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;
These 5 fold ministries of Christ help Christians to understand the knowledge of the Son of God and to be molded into perfection with the full measure of the Holy Spirit just as in the stature of Christ.
John:3.34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure."
Our Lord Jesus was always obedient to the Father and so when He reached adulthood at 30, and after His water baptism, He was filled with the full measure of the Holy Spirit for ministry.
Seven Spirits of God
Isa 11:2 The Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.
Immediately after His water baptism, our Lord was filled with the full measure of the seven Spirits of God. Similarly, all these seven Spirits of God will also be given to us but one by one (by measure) and in accordance to each humility and ability:-
1. Infilling of Holy Spirit (rested upon Him) - seal of redemption and the gifts of the Holy Spirit (1Cor 12:7-11)
2. Spirit of wisdom - able to obey His words (wise man in Mat 7:24). (Note:-Every born again Christian should be here, where he reads the bible in order to obey Him, prays and a relationship with God.)
3. Spirit of understanding - this enables the teaching of truth in His words, he is a sound Teacher.
4. Spirit of Counsel - added on to the gift of Teacher, he will be able to care, comfort and counsel the sheep so that with His truth, the sheep will receive the wonderful counselling of Jesus, he is a wonderful Pastor.
5. Spirit of might - added on to the gift of Pastor, empowered to endure sufferings, hardships, difficulties, dangers, persecutions, etc. and full of spiritual gifts will be a fearless Evangelist.
6. Spirit of knowledge of the Lord - added on to the gift of Evangelist, the understanding of the will, mind, ways, plans, and thinking (knowledge) of the Lord will lead him to be a true Prophet.
7. Spirit of the fear of the Lord - added on to the gift of Prophet, the fear of the Lord will ensure that he (also prophet) will perform the will of God in accordance to His words, timing, method, teachings, etc. he is the head or king in the church - a powerful Apostle.
(In olden days wicked kings, instead of obeying God's instructions, killed the prophets of God.)
The failure of the OT covenant was the problem with man's selfishness, pride, worldliness, carnality, etc. leading to the disharmony of these 3 services (Priest, Prophet and King) of Yahweh. With the coming of Jesus in the flesh, He brought the 3 services upon Himself:-
1. Leviticus Priesthood - ministries of teachers, pastors and evangelists,
2. Prophets of God - ministry of prophet,
3. Jewish Kings - ministry of Apostle.
An Apostle, who is anointed with the seven Spirits of God (full measure of the Holy Spirit) also has the ministries of prophet, evangelist, pastor and teacher. God has since raised up many apostles to successfully bring the gospel and establish churches throughout the world resulting to almost 30% supposedly Christians.