Mat 25:14-15 "For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them. And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey.
These gifts of God (talents) of different measures are given only to His servants or disciples.
John 12:26 "If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him [My] Father will honor."
Today, we call these servants of God, who have given up their jobs, professions, businesses, etc. to serve Him, full time workers.
Mat 16:24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me."
(We thank God for Professionals, businessmen, etc. who volunteer to serve as church leaders, these are the appointed of God in 1Cor 12:28.)
Eph 4:7,11 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift... And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,
1. Teacher - with understanding of His words.
2. Pastor - with understanding and applying them to care and counsel the sheep.
3. Evangelist - a pastor with power to endure, sufferings, pains.
4. Prophet - a pastor and evangelist with the understanding of the will, plan, ways, mind of God.
5. Apostle - a prophet who fears God and ensure that only God's will according to His words are immediately carried out.
Servants with 5 Talents
If the servants with 5 Talents are the Apostles, then can we see some of the fulfillments of their ministries.
1. Teacher - Peter's teaching (preaching) convicted the Jews. (Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?")
2. Pastor - the sheep were discipled to be like the Apostles. (Act 4:31-32 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness. Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common.)
3. Evangelist - Paul endured much. (1Cor 4:11-12 To the present hour we both hunger and thirst, and we are poorly clothed, and beaten, and homeless. And we labor, working with our own hands. Being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we endure;)
4. Prophet - All prophecies found in the epistles. (2Pet 1:21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.)
5. Apostle - Paul obeyed the vision. (Act 16:10 Now after he had seen the vision, immediately we sought to go to Macedonia, concluding that the Lord had called us to preach the gospel to them.)
Mat 25:20-21 "So he who had received five talents came and brought five other talents, saying, 'Lord, you delivered to me five talents; look, I have gained five more talents besides them.' His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'"
Brethren, the reward of faithfully serving out the gift of Apostle (5 more talents) is foremost His pleasure when He declares, "Well done, good and faithful servant," Amen.